Now that I am home and my RTW trip has ended I get a lot of questions. I have received all types of questions from family and friends at home to emails/comments from you (my readers). I have been hinting at it for a while now and well it’s finally here the post where you can ask me anything and I will answer. Yes… anything!!! You all know I love to help people if I can and recently I have received more questions than normal and know many of you out there may have a question or two for me as well. So I am doing this post to encourage you to ask away.
If you have followed this blog for a period of time you know that I am honest and very open in my writing. I call this a “travel blog”, but in more ways than one I feel like it’s a “personal blog” documenting my life and I love sharing it with you. Yes I’ve had my crazy moments and written about my XXX encounters, but I have also written very personal details about my love story in Egypt or my dealings with being arrested for drinking & driving. I have also written countless post about all my adventures, thoughts and different milestones accomplished as I’ve traveled the world. Along the way I also share music I love and even write about food I eat on the road and when I can give some travel tips. So I would say in a way I share it all with you and well I hope y’all enjoy it.
I recently wrote a post filled with random statistics from my 2 year backpacking trip around the world and another post sharing how much it cost to travel the world for 2 years. Those two post answered some questions, but I think left some people wanting to know more. Here are a few questions I have already received that I will answer along with any other questions I get from you.
- So what are you going to do now that you have lived your dream and are back home?
- What was your favorite and least favorite country?
- If you can go to any place you visited during your trip right now where would you go?
- Would love to see a break down of the cost of your 31 flights names of the airlines would be good too.
- So how long until you’re planning to set off again?
- Was there something that you wanted to try and didn’t because it was not “necessary”?
- How did you calculare your daily/monthly budget? Ok you kept track of everything so it was easier for you, but what did you do if you realised you were spending too much? (i mean, not in developed countries where it is obvious that the cost is higher)…did you cut something in particular? did you change your destination to a cheaper country to compensate? did you cut your nights out?
- Did you book your flights many weeks in advance? or if you have any tactic/tips about that it would be great.
- I would love to see how your passport pages look like.
- Love that you sent post cards, I think we are going to do that too! Any hassles there? Also was it super pricy to mail package to states?
- Did you ever have to fight your bank on ATM refunds, and provide receipts? Did you do your web banking on a computer or app?
You can leave the question or questions you have in a comment below, send them to me via email through my contact me form, tweet it to me @BAbackpacker, or send me a message through my Facebook fan-page. It’s that simple if you have a question just ask me and I will answer. The question can be travel related or not. You can ask me about a certain city/country I visited or a certain tour I took. You can ask me something personal or about a story I have already written about. It can be serious or funny. You can be a first time reader, another blogger, a friend from home or one of my silent readers. I honestly don’t care what the question is or who it is from, if I can answer it I will answer it. I will take questions until Monday, April 29th and post the questions I received along with who asked them (if you have a blog I will link back to you) and answer to them on Tuesday April 30th.
I have already answered the hardest question on Earth “What’s the purpose of life?” I think I can handle anything else that comes my way. So go for it ask me anything. Yes… anything!!!