My name is Jaime and I just got home from a two year backpacking trip around the world. I don’t know how to describe it, but to say that it was the most amazing thing I have ever done in my life and know I will never be the same because of it. Before this trip I had spent my whole life living in Houston, Texas and aside from a few vacations and visiting family in Mexico I hadn’t seen much of the world. I had been working since I was 15 and felt that I was a slave to Corporate America. I hit rock bottom at 23 when I was arrested for drinking and driving. It was that event that helped me become who I am today. At 25 I quit my job sold just about all my belongings and traveled the world for 2 years. During those two years I visited 30 countries and over 100 cities. I also fell in love in Cairo, but giving the circumstance he was the last goodbye. I am now 27 heart broken back at home living debt free and currently working to save for my next epic adventure, because I believe the world is too damn beautiful to not see as much of it as possible. Still have no clue where I will be going, but oh I’m going.
I do believe “everything happens for a reason” and know that all the choices I have made in the past have brought me to where I am today. It came with a lot of sacrifices, but as soon as I knew my dream of traveling the world was attainable I went for it.
On this blog I document my questions, thoughts, tips, adventures and anything else that comes with my journey round-the-world and my life. I want to show everyone that it is possible to breakaway and be happy. Oh & share my love for Kelly Clarkson as well!!!
“Life is short…
why not do what makes you happy & let others do what makes them happy too.” – Me
- After traveling the globe, the “Breakaway Backpacker” tells us his top 10 travel destinations on NBCLATINO
- Acrobatic Blogger Puts Your Travel Photos to Shame on Mashable
- Traveler Takes Incredible Toe-Touch Pictures Around the World on ABC, Good Morning America, Yahoo
- Breath-Taking Backpacker Photo Collection on E-Junkie
- La sorprendente vuelta al mundo del bloguero conocidos por sus saltos estilo “cheerleader” on La Informacion
- Featured on Young and Gay in America on Advocate
- 13 of Our Favorite Blogs for 2013 - “Most Scandalous Blog” on Getting Stamped
- #19 on 40 Flightsters You Should Know About on Flightster
- 5 Travel Personalities You Should Know in 2011 on Art of Backpacking
- 100 days into my “BREAKAWAY” & I don’t understand why “WE” don’t have equal rights.
- 200 days into my “BREAKAWAY” & I still get scared.
- 300 days into my “BREAKAWAY” & I know I don’t want to do this forever.
- A YEAR into my “BREAKAWAY” & I wonder if I will ever be able to go back to a “NORMAL” life?
- 400 days into my “BREAKAWAY” & ummmm yeah I’m LOST in life.
- 500 days into my “BREAKAWAY” & I share why I am doing this.
- 600 days into my “BREAKAWAY” & I couldn’t be happier!!!
- 700 days into my “BREAKAWAY” & I share my worst travel habit.
- 2 years into my “BREAKAWAY” & I’m going home, but it’s not over.
- 900 days into my “BREAKAWAY” & even though I am home the timer keeps ticking!
- Interview with Breakaway Backpacker: Falling In Love With The World Again! on Keep Calm & Travel
- Gypsy Tales of a Filthy Rich Traveler: Jaime Davila on Rich Traveler – Cheap Travels / Rich Adventures
- Meet a Traveler Monday with Breakaway Backpacker on Getting Stamped
- Blogging Buddies on Oi Vietnam
- An Interview with Breakaway Backpacker on Waegook Tom
- Misadventure Monday with Jaime from Breakaway Backpacker on Traveling Liz
- Interview with Jaime Davila – Traveler Around the World on Journey Geek
- Meet the Nomads: Jaime Davila on Flip Nomad
- From Working in a Bank to Living out of a Backpack on The Hostel Life
- Our Favorite #RTWsoon Travel Bloggers on Don’t Ever Look Back
- Seven Soon-To-Be RTW Travelers To Follow on A Pair of Panties & Boxers
- Interview with Jaime from Breakaway Backpacker on Fresh Roads
- Just getting started: Jaime of Breakaway Backpacker on Travel Wires
- Traveler Spotlight – Pre-Trip discussion with Breakaway Backpacker on Living the Dream
If you have any questions, thoughts or anything please don’t hesitate in contacting me.
Visit my “Contact Me” page to reach me.