Train travel in India… how does one explain it to someone who has never experienced it. Train travel in India is many things. Sometimes you will have a smooth ride, other times you will be fighting people out of your seat while you are trying to sleep. It will make you laugh, it will make you cry… it will even make you question humanity. Train travel is a strange creature in India. It’s a creature you can not avoid. The country is vast and to get around you must take the train. I took many many train rides during my 3 months in India, but never a 31 hour train ride. I knew I was going to have to get back to New Delhi to fly back to Egypt. I had the choice fly from Mumbai to New Delhi for $90 or take the train for $8. Yup I purchased the train ticket (for $8 come on how could I pass that up) from Mumbai back to New Delhi two months in advance. I was not about to deal with not having a reserved bunk on a 31 hour train ride.
I had been dreading it, but also knew I was going to document it all and make a post about it. I have documented a transportation day in Central America and a train journey in Egypt. I know my non-traveling readers always enjoy to know how exactly it is when we get from one city to the next. Well here you have it the longest transportation day / train ride I have ever taken in my life (31 hours from Mumbai to New Delhi) verbatim from my journal. Oh & I warn you now… a lot of XXX going on this train ride and it’s because of the book I bought and read along the way.
5:40am – I’ve left the hotel my transportation day has officially started.
5:42am – Got a cab & am heading to the train staion. It’s always a strange feeling when you catch an early train or flight and are leaving a city.
-Wow driving through the streets of Mumbai so early is eerie. It’s strange to not see so many people on the streets.
5:50am – I arrived to the train station of course an hour and a half earlier than needed.
– I have this habbbit of arriving to trains, buses, planes so fucking early. One of my biggest fears is missing what ever it is I am catching that day. I can’t help it.
6:05am – I’m already sweating up a storm.
– To keep me busy on this 31hr train ride I’ll be reading Fifty Shades of Grey. I’ve heard it’s great & very erotic. I did read the 1st chapter before leaving the hotel and it looks like it’s going to be good.
7:15am – Yay I’m in my seat. My name is on the list so I’m good to go. Oh & as I was walking to the train a huge rat ran into my foot. Why does India want a rat to bite me? Okay back to my book… It’s so good I can’t stop giggling.
7:32am – Woohoo the train is moving on schedule… Let the adventure begin. Below is a photo of my bunk… the top one is the best cus you can crawl up there at anytime and get away from the madness. So far I have the whole section to my self.
7:42am – People arrived at the next stop whomp whomp. Oh well I’m gonna do what I do best when I’m in transit NAP. I’ve only slept like 3 hours anyway so I am tired.
9:50am – Up from my nap… Ugh I’m still so tired.
10:20am – As I’m reading two children ask me for money I say no. They then gesture for food, I hate when they do that. So I go to my seat and give them the rest of my Mango juice.
11:03am – Finally food I can eat. All morning people pass with food for sale but I’m scared to eat it. Finally a lady passes selling bananas so I buy 3 of them. Only cost me $0.20. Now a man passed by selling water… looks like I may never need to leave the train.
– and now a man come through taking orders for lunch. Ugh I’m so scared to eat the food, but am already so hungry. I have no choice I must order something. I ask for rice & veggies. We’ll see what I get.
– okay I am not eating he just came back and let us know lunch was not available today. I’m back at square one… I guess I’ll have bananas all day. Oh India.
11:20am – The lady in my compartment gave me peanuts. She knows I am scared to eat because she translated for me when the man came. I told her I didn’t wanna get sick again for a week again.
– OMG this book is getting good. “His erection is against my belly” – EEEeeee I love it… this is really gonna help time fly.
11:50am – Now the lady gave me some type of dry rice & peanut chips to eat. They were good. Soon I’m gonna need real food though, ugh.
– Damn I can’t put the book down & I wanna nap… “I don’t make love I fuck… hard”
-HOLY FUCKING SHIT… I don’t know if I like this. It’s way to crazy even for me. I feel so dirty reading this in front of people.
12:37pm – The lady now ask me if I’m gonna eat lunch or dinner. I say I don’t know & she hands me a pack of crackers. She’s too nice & so cute. I must get a photo of her & her husband before I leave this train.
– No fucking way she doesn’t masturbate. We all do… don’t play!
– Okay I am getting hot and bothered. “Pulling off his boxer briefs his erection springs free” – YUM!!!
1:05pm – This post may turn out to be more about the book than the ride. It’s okay though nothing interesting is happening. It’s so nice when you have reserved seat on a train and no one is trying to steal it from you.
– Lord I had no clue you could do so much to women or that they can climax so often. This book is crazy I need to put it down.
4:08pm – Now that was a good nap, but fuck now I am even hungrier. It’s crazy that at this point the ride has turned into a daze.
4:41pm – It’s not even 5pm and I think I just had my breakfast, lunch and dinner. A small mango ice cream that tasted like foam and some potato type puffs.
5:14pm – It’s crazy the amount of things you will see looking out of a window on a train in India. You will see people walking on the track even in the middle of no where. You will see fields and fields of so many different types of plants. You will see trash lined up all along. You will see homes made of carboard and metal sheets all over. You will see cows roaming freely. Sometime you will even see people take shower or children use the toilet. It’s just crazy.
5:58pm I’m back on my bunk and the guy next to me offered me peanuts. I also think he is offering me food his mom made & will give it to me at 8pm. His English is not the greatest, so we’ll see what happens then.
6:48pm – Got down for sunset. I managed to get a decent sunset photo. It’s always hard from a train.
– I had to put the book down again. It’s given me another erection and I don’t even like straight porn.
8:06pm – My bunk mate calls my name & hands me a bowl of potatoes and 3 pieces of chipati. I thank him so much & eat it. I’m so greatful because I was starving. It’s moments like this I don’t want to forget. It’s moments like this I’ll never be able to explain to people. The kindness of strangers is amazing around the world. I’ve been welcomed to strangers homes in Paris, Hamburg, Chefchaouen, Barcelona, Egypt and many other places. No matter how often you thank them you still feel in debt.
9:28pm – Now out of no where he’s brought me ice cream. He need to be careful because food is the way to my heart and I have a man already.
– I’ve read 15 chapters today more than half the book. I can’t put it down it’s so damn good. It’s past 10pm though and everyone is going to sleep so I should too!
2:15am – Ugh I looked at my watch wrong and thought it was 8:45am got so excited. I’m so hot and sweaty. Oh and I just got off the train barefoot. That is fucking disgusting.
-Ugh I just wanna be back in Cairo. I’ve wanted to be back since the moment I left. Ugh I miss him and love him so much. The sad thing is I still have no clue if I wanna stay in Cairo more than the 3 months I had planned.
-Lord I wish I could read my book it really keeps my mind busy and away from so many thoughts.
6:20am – Ugh I am up already… GOOD MORNING!!! The sun is out and the metal coffin that is the train is filled with light. Everyone is up already. I guess I’ll brush my teeth and finish reading my book. 6 MORE HOURS!
6:52am – The train was stationed for a while so I got off to take photos. When I got back the lady gave me crackers.
–“NO MAN IS AN ISLAND” – wow I forgot all about that quote. Sometimes I feel that way.
– “He pulls me against him, and his erection presses into my belly. I should run, but I can’t begin to understand.” – Oh girl I know all about this feeling and it’s a mess!
8:14am A family now joins us in our compartment. A lil kid is now sitting in front of me. He’s to cute. I love that he is looking out the window.
8:37am – I am going back to my bed. I can’t read this in front of the kid I don’t feel comfortable. Plus I’m tired as fuck. I want more sleep and more food!!!
9:56am – I napped about an hour.
UGH I AM TIRED OF THIS FUCKING TRAIN.
I AM HUNGRY.
I WANNA SHOWER.
– Ugh it’s arrived bitch & complaining Jaime. I’m sorry.
– Just looked outside we are at Mathura Junction. Aww now I’m getting all emotional and shit. My 1st train ride in India was from New Delhi to here for Holi. Fuck I’m gonna miss India so much.
– Okay back to reading. If not my mind will go ape shit and think about everything going on in my life. I must keep busy.
10:03am – Ugh I need a cold Coke. Now that I want one of course no will come by selling them. I’m addicted to Coke… damn you India.
-“He rolls the condom down his impressive length” – The way this mans cock is described in this book makes me really wanna see it.
11:11am – Ugh no Coke/water man has passed yet. I am getting a headache.
11:37am – The train stopped I ran and bought a coke. I’m pissed because it’s not even cold.
– Oh & now a man selling cold cokes walks by. Ugh see why India is frustrating???
I’M GOING MAD… IT’S BEEN 29 HOURS!!!
I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE.
11:44am – The boy across from me & I just looked at each other. We both just saw a huge rat crawl by our feet. Ugh yes I’m ready to leave India. 3 months was enough.
12:09pm – Ewww just saw another rat crawl by good thing we should be arriving shortly. What sucks is I have no clue where I am staying. I love that I don’t get as scared any more. Things always seem to work out in the end (most of the time).
– “Language evolves and moves on. It’s an organic thing.” – Oh I love that. It makes me feel better for making up words.
– On Chapter 22 already and only four more to go. Christian Grey really is Fifty Shades of fucked up. Sometimes I feel like I am Fifty Shades of Fucked up!
– Lord I would let Christian Grey do whatever he wants with me. I’m so Ana… I always want more.
11:35pm – A kid selling bags of water walked by. I had to buy 3 for 10cents. I giggle because it reminds me of Central America. Ahh Central America was so good to me.
– “The beauty of carry on is that one can breeze out of the airport and not wait endlessly for baggage at the carousels.” – that is so true and is why I love to travel light. My bag is carry on.
1:00pm – Yay finally got the nerve to ask the couple that has been taking care of me if I can take a photo. Aren’t they adorable?
1:17pm – EEEEEeeeeee we have arrived. I give them a huge hug two both of them and thank them for everything. I also thank the other guy who shared his moms food with me.
OH SHIT IT’S BACK TO REALITY… IN NEW DELHI
A MILLION TOUTS ALL OVER ME.
1:41pm – Yay back at the hotel I stayed at the 1st night I was in India. It’s expensive, but I don’t care it’s nice and will do for the two nights I have left before going back to Egypt!!! It was a long walk from the train station and I’m sweaty as fuck… time to shower & unwind a bit!
Well as you can see I survived the 31 hour train ride & to be honest it wasn’t that bad. It was a good way to end my train travel experience in India, because trust me I’ve had worse. This will be a memorable ride not only because of the book I was reading…lol, or because how long it was, but because of the amazing people who fed me along the way. I never asked for it, but that helped make the journey easier for me. It’s act of kindess from strangers that make me really love the world we live in. I know a few times I wanted to just shoot my self and end it all, but who doesn’t on a long journey? So now I’d like to know… what has been your longest train journey? What did you think about my 31 hour train ride? Would you have flown or taken the train? Have you read Fifty Shades of Grey? Do you wanna read it now after seeing how crazy it really is? Share any and all thoughts below!!!